No one needs to tell you how quickly digital technologies are evolving. Or that data privacy has become a major challenge for businesses, governments and individuals alike.
Each time we use digital services, we create and exchange billions of pieces of data. It’s not just the volume of data that is set to grow. People’s digital interactions will have multiplied by a factor of 50 from 2010 to 2025.
Data is also becoming more personal, forming our online lives. By linking it to our digital identity, we can prove that it’s ours. We can access it whenever we choose. And we can decide to share it or keep it private. This creates a world of opportunities for new services that benefit consumers and organizations alike.
Yet identity theft and data breaches are both growing in frequency and sophistication. As our lives become more digitally connected, these two issues could threaten everything – from our financial transactions and medical records to how we cross borders.
Thales CipherTrust Application Data Protection
Deployed in tandem with CipherTrust Manager for centralized enterprise key management, Application Data Protection provides robust security and scalability. Once deployed, application-level data is encrypted as soon as it is generated or first processed and kept secure across its entire lifecycle, no matter where it is transferred, backed up, or copied.
- Centralizes administration of application encryption policy and keys
- Protects sensitive applications in a multi-vendor infrastructure in the data center and the cloud
- Ensures integrity and authenticity of data through digital signing and verification
- Only authorized users can access application data
- Rich application encryption and key managements interfaces
- Standard development libraries, API and web services
- .NET, ICAPI (C/C++), Java/JCE, PKCS #11, KMIP, SOAP/REST, XML
- Secure authentication, granular authorization, and detailed logging and auditing
- Built-in seamless key rotation and data re-keying
- Built-in health checking and multi-tiered load balancing
- Large ecosystem